Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Milton MA ListingMilton, MA - $729,000 - Single-Family - Tudor - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:29 hours agoMilton, MA - $539,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/115 hours agoMilton, MA - $2,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $1,185,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/2Milton, MA - $349,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Milton, MA - $409,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Multi-Level - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $1,195,000 - Commercial - Year Built:1989 - Acres:0.3Milton, MA - $449,500 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $417,500 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $580,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:4 - Parking Spaces:4
- Manet Community Health Center appoints former Norwood Hospital president as its new CEO August 28, 2014Manet Community Health Center has named John J. Holiver as the new Chief Executive Officer, four months after previous CEO Henry Tuttle announced his resignation. […]
- Teamsters' alleged slurs raise doubts about film tax credit August 27, 2014The state program, which subsidizes 25 percent of movie and TV production costs, has ambitious goals of promoting the state's global image and spurring the local creative economy. […]
- Police Looking for Suspect in Milton Bank Robbery August 27, 2014The Milton Police Department is asking for the public's help with finding a suspect who robbed a bank in East Milton. […]
- Serious Car Accident Closes Pleasant Stret August 26, 2014Several people were transported to multiple Boston hospitals Saturday night after Milton Police responded to a car accident in East Milton. […]
- Report: Teamster Calls 'Top Chef' Padma Lakshmi 'F***ing Whore' August 23, 2014Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi got the scare of her life earlier this summer when she approached a Boston-area restaurant near some picketing teamsters. […]
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue August 22, 2014Thuggish threats and racist and homophobic taunts by picketing members of Boston 's Teamsters Local 25 against the cast and crew of Top Chef have become a campaign issue in the race for governor of Massachusetts . […]
- Top Chef Host Padma Lakshmi and Crew Attacked by Teamsters in Boston August 21, 2014The cast and crew of Top Chef were not greeted with a tea party upon arriving in Boston to film the show's upcoming 12th season, which debutsWednesday, Oct. 15 on Bravo. […]
- This week's Milton video headlines - Milton, Ma local News - Milton Times newspaper - News, Schools, Information, Things to do, Government, Business August 20, 2014Hendries closes in on a resolution, ancient trees at the library are going to be removed, and relief comes on water and sewer rates for large multi-unit residences. […]
- staff participates in a oeTown Talka August 19, 2014Milton, MA- The interns stuck close to home by interviewing the Milton Times staff for an updated "Town Talk". […]
- FBI investigates bank robberies in Braintree, Milton August 13, 2014The FBI is asking the public's help in identifying a man suspected of robbing two banks, in Braintree and Milton, within the last three weeks. […]
- Manet Community Health Center appoints former Norwood Hospital president as its new CEO August 28, 2014