Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Milton MA ListingMilton, MA - $389,000 - Condo - 2/3 Family - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:21 hour agoMilton, MA - $469,000 - Condo - Detached - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:22 hours agoMilton, MA - $719,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $499,888 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $479,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $1,995,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Multi-Level - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:6/1Milton, MA - $1,669,888 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:17 - Beds:8 - Baths:5/1Milton, MA - $409,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Milton, MA - $799,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/2Milton, MA - $699,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:6
- Kids Travel Back to the Sixties with Artspace Milton July 24, 2014The Artspace Summer Art Lab at Milton High School has been running all month and is now approaching its final week. […]
- Former Milton caregiver pleads guilty to felony July 23, 2014The former caregiver indicted in the death of a mentally disabled woman under her supervision in a Milton group home pled guilty to felony Permitting Bodily Injury to a Disabled Person Wednesday in Norfolk Superior Court. […]
- This week's Milton Minute headlines - Milton, Ma local News - Milton Times newspaper - News, Schools, Information, Things to do, Government, Business July 22, 2014Hendries building dispute nears a turning point, schools add a health and physical education instructor, and the Times welcomes its summer interns as well as their "Town Talk" series. […]
- Milton FD Donates Bike to Youth Who Lost His in a Fire July 22, 2014Last week, Alex, a Milton teen, escaped a fire that broke out in his home. No one was hurt, but three families were displaced. […]
- NY Med Recap 7/17/14: Season 2 Episode 4 July 17, 2014Tonight on ABC's hit drama NY Med continues with a new episode. On tonight's show an ER doctor Popular New York Presbyterian nurse Diana Costine can win over even the most difficult patients with her upbeat attitude and infectious smile. […]
- New, larger kitchen keeps a few elements of the old July 17, 2014When Bobbi Wegner decided to renovate the kitchen of her Milton home, she didn't consider hiring a designer to help select materials and finishes. […]
- New abortion clinic bill believed to have strong support July 16, 2014Massachusetts lawmakers are proposing a new bill with the intention of strengthening security at abortion clinics after a Supreme Court ruling outlawed buffer zones. […]
- The Milton Minute video news headlines - Milton, Ma local News - Milton Times newspaper - News, Schools, Information, Things to do, Government, Business July 16, 2014Water/sewer rate tiers to be changed, bylaw paving way for more condominiums discussed, and the Milton yacht Club launches its fleet. […]
- 5 Ways to Rethink the Standard Benefit Gala July 16, 2014BizBash Live is the largest one-day gathering of event organizers held annually in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and South Florida. […]
- Easton Senator's Green Jobs Bill Approved July 16, 2014The following is from the office of State Sen. Brian Joyce , whose district includes Easton, Braintree, Milton, and Sharon: The Massachusetts Senate has passed Senator Brian A. Joyce's Property Assessed Clean Energy reform bill that could create an estimated 10,000 jobs in the Commonwealth and reduce carbon emissions at no cost to the taxpayer. […]
- Kids Travel Back to the Sixties with Artspace Milton July 24, 2014