Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Milton MA ListingMilton, MA - $630,500 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/13 hours agoMilton, MA - $489,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/18 hours agoMilton, MA - $549,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/111 hours agoMilton, MA - $429,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:113 hours agoMilton, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/115 hours agoMilton, MA - $1,299,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/117 hours agoMilton, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $429,900 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:4Milton, MA - $589,800 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $795,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:7
- Senate Passes Environmental Bond Bill July 11, 2014The Senate has passed a four-year, $1.7 billion Environmental Bond Bill with multiple initiatives by Senator Brian A. Joyce, including $7.5 million for the creation of a new Neponset River park and canoe launch near Truman Parkway in Milton and $10 million for design, signalization, safety improvements, sidewalks and aesthetic improvements on Brush ... (more […]
- Pat Greenhouse/Globe Staff More relying on Walmart for financial services July 10, 2014The state's dominant check-cashing operation isn't an inner city storefront or a financial company with a brick facade. […]
- 5 Jobs Right in Milton July 9, 2014Looking for a new job? Your first job? Simply looking to move your job to your hometown? Milton Patch is here to help with a fresh list of job openings in and around Milton, with the help of CareerBuilder.com . […]
- Candidate wants to abolish Guv's council, 'reboot' Lt. Gov. role July 9, 2014Democratic lieutenant governor candidate Leland Cheung wants to eliminate the Governor's Council, the eight-member panel that vets judicial candidates and which he would preside over if elected. […]
- After Hobby Lobby, Seven Top LGBT And Civil Rights Orgs Drop Support For ENDA July 9, 2014Seven of the nation's top LGBT and civil rights organizations today have announced they are withdrawing support for ENDA after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby ruling. […]
- Fire Overnight in Milton July 8, 2014A three-alarm fire called Milton FD to a blaze in a large three-story wood framed building at 54 Central Ave., according to a Tweet by Northeast Fire Alert at 2:10 a.m. on Tuesday. […]
- Police Find Crack, Heroin in Buttocks, on Milton Man July 6, 2014A Milton man is facing charges for drug-trafficking, after police found bags of crack in his pockets and heroin in his buttocks during a raid, reported the Taunton Gazette. […]
- Cape celebrates 4th early before a dash indoors to escape Arthur July 5, 2014After a morning of Fourth of July parades across the Cape, and then fitful rainfall in the afternoon, winds and downpours spurred by Hurricane Arthur picked up considerably by early Friday evening, knocking out power to thousands across the region. […]
- LETTER: Thanks for Support of Relay for Life July 3, 2014As the co-chairs of this year's American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Braintree, Milton and Randolph, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation to the many individuals that attended and supported this year's event at Braintree High School. […]
- Time Lapse Video: the Abby Park Mural July 2, 2014The Abby Park restaurant recently commissioned local artists Vincent Crotty and Sue Hoy to paint a mural on its exterior brick wall. […]
- Senate Passes Environmental Bond Bill July 11, 2014