Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Milton MA ListingMilton, MA - $699,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/115 hours agoMilton, MA - $1,395,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/1Milton, MA - $1,850 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Milton, MA - $574,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Gambrel - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $270,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $449,900 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $890,000 - Single-Family - Antique, Farmhouse - Rooms:12 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1Milton, MA - $545,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $579,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
- From the parrot's beak: March 8 edition March 8, 2014Aviculturists maintain that the best pet parrots are the ones that are hand raised by humans. […]
- Open House 18 Elm Street Sun 11:00 to March 8, 2014Michael Mahoney of Remax Way is hosting an open house @ 18 Elm Street on Sunday from 11:00 to 12:15. […]
- House, Senate must settle billions in transit funding March 8, 2014The Massachusetts Senate passed a multibillion-dollar transportation bond bill Thursday evening, setting up election-year negotiations with the House on the final version of legislation replete with pet projects and policy directives. […]
- New Milton Listing @ 18 Elm Street | www.18elm.info March 7, 2014New listing @ 18 Elm Street in Milton Mass for 574k. See more @ http://www.18elm.info and call 617.980.9025 for Michael Mahoney of Remax Way to set an appointment on the property. […]
- Milton Residents Appear in Concert March 7, 2014Riverside Theatre Works in Hyde Park will conclude its March Concert Series with two crowd-pleasing shows, on March 22 and 29. On Saturday, March 22, Riverside will present its annual reunion show. […]
- Hill Arrives At Red Sox Camp Following Son's Death March 6, 2014Hill reported to Boston's camp on Thursday following the death of son Brooks, who was less than 2 months old when he died on Feb. 24. "We had a son on Dec. 26 and he was born with multiple issues that we confronted and had to deal with," Hill said. […]
- Fatal Heart Attack at Selectmena s Meeting March 5, 2014The manager of Milton Cab was fatally stricken by an apparent heart attack while waiting to speak at Tuesday's Selectmen's meeting. […]
- Carrera Appointed to Naval Academy by Lynch March 4, 2014Congressman Stephen F. Lynch recently nominated Jonathan Carrera for appointment to the United States Naval Academy and the United States Merchant Marine Academy. […]
- Milton Parakeet Saved at Angell Animal Medical Center March 4, 2014An 8-year-old parakeet named "Birdie" is lucky to be alive after she crawled into a "shop-vac" vacuum cleaner last week, moments before her unsuspecting owner switched it on. […]
- Milton Makes Top 20 Places to Own a Home in Mass. March 4, 2014If you live in Milton right now, you know it's a pretty swell town and one of the best places to be a homeowner. […]
- From the parrot's beak: March 8 edition March 8, 2014