Kitchens are often the hub of the home and when it comes time to put your home on the market it is often said that kitchens and baths sell homes. A kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming. There are things you can do to give your kitchen a new look without spending a lot of money or time. Here are some inexpensive tips to get your kitchen in tip top shape in no time.
-Upgrade your appliances
Updating or upgrading your appliances will give your kitchen a fresh new look. You can start by ordering new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. If new appliances are in order you can find great deals at at discount stores. Many stores have scratch and dent appliances that may only have a small imperfection on the back of the appliance or in a place where no one would see it. This is a great way to save lots of money for more expensive appliances.
-Pretty it up with paint
New paint makes everything look clean and bright again. Choose a semigloss latex paint, which is easier to clean and holds up better in kitchens. Don’t forget to paint the trim too. Clean and wash all the walls and trim before painting. This will ensure the paint adheres to the surfaces properly.
Even if you have the newest cabinets and appliances a messy kitchen is never attractive. Keep clutter at bay with drawer organizer for utensils, pot racks and pull out trays for cabinets. If you need more room in your kitchen, utilize empty walls. Add open shelves with some neatly placed bowls for a great decorative and storage alternative
-Use the right lighting
Replace flood lights with a brighter and cleaner looking halogen bulbs. Install under cabinet lighting for a new look. Use decorative lights over the kitchen table or island to set the mood.
Older chandeliers can get an easy upgrade by placing small shades over the bulbs.
-Refurbish the cabinets
If your cabinets need a new look consider either refinishing them or giving them a lot of elbow grease. Cabinets easily build up with grease and dust. Use a cleaner with orange oil to get rid of the grime. Test a spot first before cleaning the whole kitchen. If the cabinets are worn, consider refinishing or repainting the doors and frames. Adding new drawer pulls, hinges and handles can also make a big impact.
-Fix the floor
An affordable way to have a do it yourself new floor is to install vinyl tiles. Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and durable. At less than $2 per square foot, you can put a vinyl floor in just about any kitchen for $500.
Don’t be afraid to spend a little money to achieve big results. Most minor kitchen renovations will recoup at least 83% of the cost and may even add value to your home.
Milton MA ListingMilton, MA - $189,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:111 hours agoMilton, MA - $1,595,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/2Milton, MA - $379,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $719,000 - Land - Acres:1.83Milton, MA - $579,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1Milton, MA - $329,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $289,000 - Condo - 2/3 Family - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Milton, MA - $419,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Milton, MA - $499,617 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Milton, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
- Acupuncture program brings solace for patients in hospice December 10, 2013In her Winthrop living room, she is silent in her pink, comfy chair. Just moments before, Daria Casinelli, a licensed acupuncturist, inserted 14 needles in Woods' wrists, feet, and ears to help reduce the pain she feels in her feet and stomach, and to allow the 80-year-old former nurse to breathe easier. […]
- Doing business in the age of technology, transparency December 9, 2013Charlie Robinson started his F&I career selling credit life insurance out of a cleaned-out broom closet, not long after he started working at a dealership in Milton, Mass., in 1973. […]
- Recipes, New Coach Needed and More December 9, 2013Discover some great new recipes to serve the relatives this holiday season. Milton cooking coach Connie Spiros will be demonstrating some of her favorite appetizers and desserts at the Milton Senior Center, Tuesday, December 10, 1 p.m. There is a $10 fee for the class which will include all ingredients, recipes and tasting demonstration. […]
- Book about Massachusetts rescue dog will warm your holiday at a discounted rate December 7, 2013Now available at a Special 20% Off Holiday Discount Rate Makes a great gift or stocking stuffer for animal lovers of all ages. […]
- Braintree community arts center inches toward reality December 7, 2013A neighborhood dream to transform a mothballed home into a community arts center is moving toward reality with the approval of $230,000 in Community Preservation funding. […]
- Passed Out at Post Office, Screaming Neighbors, Millis Fire, and More December 6, 2013The following information was provided by the Medfield Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. […]
- Milton Schools Get New Technology, Thanks to Foundation for Education Grant December 6, 2013The Milton schools will be getting hundreds of tablets, thanks to a technology initiative and $150,000 in funds from the Milton Foundation for Education, reported the Boston Globe. […]
- Superintendent Interviews: Phalen at the Chenery at 7 p.m. December 5, 2013The final of the three community interviews with the candidates for Belmont School District Superintendent takes place tonight, Thursday, Dec. 5 with Milton High School's Assistant Superintendent John Phelan. […]
- William Raveis launches new office in Milton December 5, 2013Connecticut-based real estate firm William Raveis will be opening a new office in Milton to service Milton, Dorchester, Quincy and the surrounding communities. […]
- Capuano Coming to Talk Flights Over Milton December 4, 2013Congressman Mike Capuano and the Board of Selectmen want to hear from you about the proposed flight path changes at Logan. […]
- Acupuncture program brings solace for patients in hospice December 10, 2013